05 July 2014

Saturday Spotlight: This Girl Reads A Lot

What is Saturday Spotlight? It's where I drag bloggers onto my blog for an interview. It's not part of a hop or any organized event. It's merely a way to feature bloggers and get inside their heads a bit. Like a psych session, but fun.

Jazmen @ This Girl Reads A Lot

ABOUT THE BLOG

When did your blog come into existence?
I actually started blogging late June of last year. So, I'm coming up on my Blogoversary. Woohoo!
What makes your blog yours, meaning unique?
I think what makes my blog unique is that I share personable and honest reviews because that's something that I can also appreciate. I also randomly come up with bookish topics to discuss. I think everything about my blog screams, me!

ABOUT THE BLOGGER

How did the blog-bug bite (why did you start blogging)?
I started blogging for one of my college courses and just transferred that energy into something I was more passionate about, books, reading, and writing.
Which book review of yours are you particularly proud of?
I'm proud of every single review I write because I never just slap down a bunch of words and walk away I actually think about it. What will the reader want to know? How did the book make me feel? etc.
Is there a blog(s) that inspired you/still inspires you?
I actually just randomly browsed various book blogs before I got started but I don't have a particular blog that inspires me but I think every new thing someone does inspires me to do something new.
Five books everyone should read:
  1. The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg
  2. When I was Puerto Rican by Esmeralda Santiago
  3. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
  4. I Am the Weapon by Alex Zadoff
  5. Swimming Through Clouds by Rajdeep Paulus

ABOUT THE GAL

What got you into reading?
I've been a reader my entire life. My mother was insistent that I read and learn way before I officially started school. That passion never left. It only grew.
What is your ideal reading spot?
Anywhere quiet. I'll read anywhere.
What are three things people may not know about you?
  1. I'm writing a book. 
  2. I don't wear shorts. 
  3. I love being classical music.
Which Hogwarts House would you be sorted into, and why?
Prepare to faint. I've never read Harry Potter. It was my sister that got into it and even when I started reading more YA I never bothered to pick it up. I plan to one day soon.
Your fictional boyfriend is:
Noah Shaw (The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer). Dark, sassy and smart-mouthed. I love him!