20 July 2014

In My Mailbox (121)

From The Library

Like a moron, I had accidentally checked out the second book without having read the first one.  So this time, I got my stuff together enough to get the right one.  I've already started and it's interesting so far. 

I've read The Girl of Fire and Thorns and Crown of Embers and so... third and final book!  I've already started and... It's sad and exciting all at once.  I can't wait to see how all this stuff goes down.

I saw this at Half-Price Books and what had caught my eye was its squat shape and deckled edges and fun, cartoon illustrations.  Then it popped up in random places on the blogosphere so I had to check it out and see what the deal was.  (It's a fun book to just hold for some reason.  Why is its shape so appealing?)

I stumbled upon this while browsing Goodreads and what drew me was its nifty cover.  Also the bit about blind children being the best thieves.  I didn't really need to know more than that.  Had to check it out.

A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin
I'll always consider fantasy to be my go-to genre.  Yet I haven't read anything by Ursula K. Le Guin, who is, undoubtedly, one of the classic fantasy names alongside Lewis and Tolkien.  I kept waiting for this book to pop up in Half-Price Books but they only have the third and fourth books.  But I had to read it.  To the library, then!

Steering the Craft by Ursula K. Le Guin
This one was name-dropped in a Writer's Digest article and since Ursula K. Le Guin is a big name and I like reading how-to books on writing, I decided this was one I had to read.

what did you get in your mailbox?