13 July 2014

In My Mailbox (120)

I have been finishing books like the world is ending.  Normally I don't get a book and finish it in the same week, but this week I've finished two!  They were pretty fantastic books, so if they're in at your local library, might wanna entertain them for a bit.

from the library / already finished

Necromancing the Stone by Lish McBride | Review coming July 29
I absolutely loved the first book, Hold Me Closer, Necromancerand so I devoured this one.  I can't wait to share my review with you all.

Death Sworn by Leah Cypess | Review coming July 24
This was such a fantastic book!  Assassins, fading magic, a murder mystery, maybe a little romance... I read it in less than a day and, upon closing it, remarked aloud how relieved I was that there was a sequel.  (It was that kind of an ending.)


from the library / on the pile

Everyone loves this book!  Okay, I get it, it's better than a naked David Tennant.  Now I'm just hoping it doesn't disappoint.  I'm instantly wary of wildly popular books because there's more to lose if I don't like them.  I'm excited for this one though.  I'd read the first chapter or so, and it was very intriguing. 

I absolutely loved the first book, Born Wicked.  But after reading the summary on the jacket for Star Cursed, I'm worried that maybe I've forgotten some very key plot points from the first book. o__o

This book is huge.  I haven't had such a thick YA book in my hands for a while.  (Lord, who even has the time for 500 pages anymore?)  But I've heard good things about this one, so I'm giving it a whirl.

I happened to see this in Costco yesterday and managed to snag a copy off the shelf at the library.  I can't believe I'm interested in it.  A year ago, I wouldn't have given it a second look.

what did you get this week?