15 March 2014

Saturday Spotlight: These Flying Pages

What is Saturday Spotlight? It's where I drag bloggers onto my blog for an interview. It's not part of a hop or any organized event. It's merely a way to feature bloggers and get inside their heads a bit. Like a psych session, but fun.

These Flying Pages
Kaina @ These Flying Pages

ABOUT THE BLOG

When did your blog come into existence?
June 22, 2012. I remember spending three days straight during summer on the computer coming up with a design. I didn’t actually post anything until June 25.
What makes your blog yours, meaning unique?
Well, there’s the massive amount of fangirling which somehow translates into readable reviews, and the major amount of gif-using which will enhance your “experience” :D

ABOUT THE BLOGGER

How did the blog-bug bite (why did you start blogging)?
I found a blog (I think it was Parajunkee) and I recall thinking “this is so cool,” imagine my glee when I found out there was a whole community of awesome book blogging people.
Which book review of yours are you particularly proud of?
This is like making a parent choose their favorite child :D I’m pretty proud of all my reviews but I’d have to say that it would be between my review of Clockwork Princess I got all emotion and that transcended into text *grins * and Crown of Midnight.
Is there a blog(s) that inspired you/still inspires you?
Xpresso Reads was one of the first blogs I really admired, then there’s Parajunkee, and Nose Graze that has tips and posts that always inspire me to do new things :)
Five books everyone should read:
(Even though I name the book the series is highly recommended as well wink wink)
  1. Sentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout 
  2. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
  3. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
  4. The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead
  5. Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout 

ABOUT THE GAL

What got you into reading?
Twilight and to the point of obsession. It was then that I found out about the whole YA genre. After that I read the Marked and Evermore series. Since then my taste in books has greatly changed :D
What is your ideal reading spot?
Anywhere where I can lay down and listen to some music (preferably the Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay, or the XX)
What are three things people may not know about you?
  1. I prefer to eat fruits frozen, especially pineapple and grapes.
  2. I go through book depression periods on occasion. I literally don’t read anything for days.
  3. I don’t watch much T.V because I’m on Tumblr all the time. Exceptions being on Thursdays (the Vampire Diaries at 8:00, Reign at 9:00, Scandal at 10:00 and Once Upon A Time on Sundays) 
Which Hogwarts House would you be sorted into, and why?
I personally like Gryffindor but I, being the total nerd that I am, took a sorting quiz online and got Hufflepuff which is awesome too.
Your fictional boyfriend is:
This is the question I hoped I would never have to answer *covers eyes * From all the books I’ve read I would have to say that it comes down to three five: Aiden St. Delphi (from the covenant series) *cue the obsessive high pitched squealing right about nooow * Warner Anderson (from the Shatter Me series) Will Herondale (from the Infernal Devices) Noah Shaw (from the Evolution of Mara Dyer) and Chaol/ Dorian (from Throne Of Glass)