04 January 2014

2014 Jane Austen Challenge

I admit I am a bit ashamed of myself.  I am a huge fan of The Lizzie Bennet Diaries web series, have memorized the 2005 version of Pride & Prejudice with Kiera Knightley, and own three of Jane Austen's novels, and yet have never read any of them.

That is, until this year.

I found a challenge posted at Reading is Fun Again.  The goal is simple: to complete a Jane Austen novel every two months.

Two months?  I should totally be able to do that.

...

Really.  I should.

So, if you're interested, the timeline is thus:
  • Jan-Feb - Sense & Sensibility
  • March-April - Pride & Prejudice
  • May-June - Mansfield Park
  • July-Aug - Emma
  • Sept-Oct - Northanger Abbey
  • Nov-Dec - Persuasion
Luckily I won't have to go buying a Jane Austen novel until May.  Not that I'm suggesting I don't look forward to getting new books but spending money since I got into college, even on books, has gotten harder and harder.  Fortunately, Sense & Sensibility and Pride & Prejudice are both already nestled on my shelves.