29 December 2013

In My Mailbox (114)

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
I loved the movie, and it's obvious to me that the movie was so good because it's so close to the book.  Ender's story is not what I imagined it would be and it's all the better for it.  I'm so glad I am finally taking the time to read it.

The Shamer's Daughter by Lene Kaaberbol
I saw this one in Half-Price Books a year ago or so and made a note of it, and just now checked it out from the library.  Excited to start!

Across the Nightingale Floor by Lian Hearn
I was very tempted to pick this up at Half-Price Books when I first saw it but I decided to check it out at the library this week.  It looks very intriguing.  Something about it keeps reminding me of Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff.  (Not that I know of any actual similarities between the two.  We shall see.)

The Emperor's Knife by Mazarkis Williams
I wanted to pick this up as soon as it came out several years ago, but I settled on following Mazarkis Williams on Facebook.  I have been impressed with his witty posts and so I finally got his first book from the library.

what did you get in your mailbox?

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren