23 February 2013

Saturday Spotlight: Say It With Books


What is Saturday Spotlight? It's where I drag bloggers onto my blog for an interview. It's not part of a hop or any organized event. It's merely a way to feature bloggers and get inside their heads a bit. Like a psych session, but fun.

Say It With Books
Nuzaifa @ Say It With Books


ABOUT THE BLOG

When did your blog come into existence?
In MY head it started at the beginning of 2012 but I found the courage to ACTUALLY begin only last November.

Yep.  That’s me, Procrastinator Extraordinaire.  And Big Time Chicken-azoid.
Your blog in three words:
Fun(Hopefully?), Honest, Book-ish.
What makes your blog yours, meaning unique?
When you write a part of your personality comes through so I think it’s the distinct tone of your blog that makes it unique.
How did you come up with your blog name?
I really wish I could claim that I came up with “Say It With Books” but nope it was my friend’s sister’s idea.  Real stroke of genius, don’t ya think?

Thanks Ashfa for that! :D

ABOUT THE BLOGGER

How did the blog-bug bite (why did you start blogging)?
I stumbled across Goodreads around 2 years back and I found the perfect place to gush about the books I loved and the ones I loved to hate.  So it was here that I met a couple of bloggers and Ta Da I’m introduced to a kick ass community that thinks raving and ranting about fictional characters is completely normal.  So yep that’s how I was introduced to my fave past time-stalking book blogs!

You can see more about why I love blogging over here.
Do you have a review that you’re particularly proud of?
I think I’ll go with my FIRST ever review i.e. my review of The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

Loved this book, Maggie is THE bomb.
Is there a blog that inspired you/still inspires you?
Wow that’s a tough one and there’s like a really loooooong list so yeah we might be here all day - Can I go with the my top 3?  Here we go:
  1. Radiant Shadows
  2. Book Nook
  3. Book Brats
I also love The Authoress, mainly because Amelia is one tough cookie with a great taste in books.  As far as I know about her from our insane twitter convos - Her only fault is that she teases me about the DEEEEVINE cheesecake in USA(totally unforgivable).  I also hate the fact that she BELIEVES that she can take me on in a fight, Poor Delusional Amelia.  But your blog DOES rock so I’ll overlook your flaws. XD
What excites you most about being a book review blogger?
I get to meet the awesome-est bunch of people ever.  No,seriously these book junkies are the best.  Getting to interact with all those cool authors you love and stumbling across all those awesome-sauce books-that’s pretty nice too.
Five books everyone should read:
  1. The Fault In Our Stars - Seriously guys you NEED this one.  John Green is like soooo full awesome-ness!
  2. Graceling - Kristin Cashore is THE queen of fantasy.
  3. Slammed by Colleen Hoover - This one will have you giggling and crying your heart out in the middle of the frigging night.
  4. Forbidden byTabitha Suzuma - I know you are probably going ewww but for the love of all things that are living and breathing, please pick this one up.  You can thank me after you recover from having heart ripped out of your chest.
  5. Pushing the Limits & Dare You To - Katie McGarry Majorly swoony!
If a new blogger came up to you for advice, what would you tell them?
Just Do It.

Thinking about it and trying to “perfect” it?  Doesn’t work, trust me.  That’s just the nasty and lazy lil procrastinator in you.

Once you start you’ll become better and perfect (or as close to perfect as possible).

Interact with other bloggers, if you are stuck there’s ALWAYS someone out there to help you out-All you have to do is ask.

And most importantly be nice. A simple thank you,a retweet,replying to the comments and giving praise where it’s due-All of these lil things goes a long way.

ABOUT THE GAL

What got you into reading?
Reading is something that just happened.

I’ve always loved books so I guess it’s a part of me?
What is your ideal reading spot?
My Bed!  I’m in heaven when I’m snuggled in bed with a book.
Do your friends and family know about your blog?
Yes they do.  But as supportive as they are, I don’t think they get why I do it.

Most of them are like “Oooooh so you review........books?”
What are three things people may not know about you?
  1. I STRONGLY dislike the color pink.
  2. I hate fish.
  3. And I love sarcasm.
If you had a superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it?
I’d love to be like Rogue from X-Men-she’s able to absorb the special abilities/super powers of anyone who she comes into contact with.  Totally Bad Ass.

Um about what I’d do with it, not quite sure.  I can’t exactly go around sucking the life out of people, can I?