24 February 2013

In My Mailbox (108)


I have been in beast mode for, like, a whole week now.  Been reading, reading, reading like crazy.  I've also been trying to catch up on my reviews, since I'm still behind no small amount.

But I am so excited for the books I got this week.  I can't wait to start reading them -- thankfully I'm a bit ahead on my reading schedule and since they happen to be on next month's reading list, I get to start them right away!

The Capture by Kathryn Lasky
Guardians of Ga'Hoole #1
Once I saw the movie, I knew I had to read these books.  I absolutely loved -- like, loved -- the movie.  Everything from the music to the voices to the epic story and great graphics.  I couldn't curb my curiosity: I started reading this as soon as I got it.  I'm also pretty excited about this series being fifteen books strong.  It means it'll be a while before it's all over!

The Demon Catchers of Milan by Kat Beyer
I remember seeing this when it first came out but only recently decided to read it.  I can't remember why.  Just that I needed something else to read this month and it just popped into my head.  I've already started it -- it's actually really creepy so far, in that I-have-no-idea-what-is-going-on kind of way.  But it's only been thirty pages, so I'm allowed to be confused.

Perfect Scoundrels by Ally Carter
Oh my gosh -- who isn't excited for the third Heist Society book!?  I kind of completely forgot what happened in the last book, so I feel a bit boggled about how to continue.  I'll probably have to go back and reread the last third of Uncommon Criminals so I won't go in completely blind.  SO EXCITED.

Scent of Magic by Maria V. Snyder
I really liked Touch of Power even though I didn't think it was as great as Maria V. Snyder's other works.  I don't remember much of it (again) and luckily, since I never reviewed it, I get to reread it before launching into Scent of Magic.  Despite drawing a blank on these books, I'm super excited for this next installment, enthralled as I am by Maria V. Snyder's awesomeness.