28 February 2013

Cover Reveal: The Lost Sun by Tessa Gratton

Ah, Twitter.  How you indulge me.

Twitter pops up this morning and the first thing I see is a link from USAToday announcing the reveal of Tessa Gratton's (Blood Magic, The Blood Keeper) new book.  I thought it looked interesting, so I thought I would share it. :)



The Lost Sun by the popular Tessa Gratton is set in a world where Norse gods are not only worshipped, but can hold political office. When Baldur, one of the most beloved gods (and an erstwhile celebrity bad boy), is kidnapped, Astrid Glyn and Soren Bearskin embark on a journey to find him. Along the way, they encounter zealots and trickster gods, undead soldiers and sadistic field trolls. To survive, they'll have to choose between loyalty and destiny, and learn to have faith in themselves.
As a graphic artist, I'm not really loving the cover, but I know as a reader that some covers look weird on screen but great in person.  The premise for The Lost Sun, however, is amazing.  I'm really, really excited.  I liked Tessa Gratton's first book, Blood Magic, and although I haven't read her second novel, The Blood Keeper, I'm still really excited for her work.

Find The Lost Sun:
Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes and Noble

Read an interview with main character, Astrid Glyn


Tessa Gratton has wanted to be a paleontologist or a wizard since she was seven. Alas, she turned out too impatient to hunt dinosaurs, but is still searching for a someone to teach her magic. After traveling the world with her military family, she acquired a BA (and the important parts of an MA) in Gender Studies, then settled down in Kansas with her partner, her cats, and her mutant dog. She now spends her days staring at the sky and telling lots of stories about magic. Monthly free short stories with Maggie Stiefvater and Brenna Yovanoff at The Merry Sisters of Fate: www.merryfates.com