13 January 2013

2013 Fill in the Ranks Challenge


The Fill in the Ranks Challenge is a challenge to myself.  When I took a magnifying glass to my review archive, I noticed that the bulk of my reviews (when sorted by author last name) fall mostly under the letters B, C, M, and S.  On the flip side, there are hardly any reviews under E, J, N, T, Y, and Z.  The purpose of this challenge is to read books that will fill up those neglected letters.

For this challenge, I created a simple system to figure out which letters to target.

Letters with 0-10 reviews under them are considered low, those with 11-20 reviews are medium and those with 20+ are considered high.  Here's what I found when I applied this to my review archive.

Low
A, D, E, I, J, L, N, O, Q, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z

Medium
F, G, H, K, P, R

High
B, C, M, S
Feel free to recommend books to me in the comments.  I'm totally open to suggestions!

Prospective Books

The Rules for Disappearing by Ashley Elston
Grim by Christine Johnson
Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson
Blood and Salt by Kim Liggett
Dark Light of Day by Jill Archer
Beauty by Nancy Ohlin
My Life After Now by Jessica Verdi
Being Henry David by Cal Armistead
The Flight of Gemma Hardy by Margot Livesey
Stupid Perfect World by Scott Westerfeld
Pantomime by Laura Lam
Quicksilver by RJ Anderson
Notes from Ghost Town by Kate Ellison

Successful Books