22 December 2012

Saturday Spotlight: Never Judge a Book By Its Cover


What is Saturday Spotlight? It's where I drag bloggers onto my blog for an interview. It's not part of a hop or any organized event. It's merely a way to feature bloggers and get inside their heads a bit. Like a psych session, but fun.

Emma @ Never Judge a Book By Its Cover


ABOUT THE BLOG

When did your blog come into existence?
I started my blog in July of this year.
Your blog in three words:
Passionate, Inspiring Journal or Inspiring Journal of Books
What makes your blog yours, meaning unique?
My Book blog title; I have never really judged a book by its cover. Though it largely relates to my personally and to life generally.
If you ever had to retitle your blog, would you? And what would the new title be?
At the beginning, I thought it was a long title for a blog and I was considering on changing it to Keep Calm and Read On. But I don’t think I will, because it makes my blog unique!

ABOUT THE BLOGGER

How did the blog-bug bite (why did you start blogging)?
I started blogging because a friend of mine started and I have always wanted to share my love of books and reviews with people as I don’t have a lot of bookish buddies.
Do you have a review that you’re particularly proud of?
Oh, tough question… I’m going have to say my more recent review Dance of Shadows by Yelena Black.  I have finally started to master my review style and it was one of my first ARC Physical Copy!
Is there a blog that inspired you/still inspires you?
There have been so many have welcomed me into the blogging community, but if I were to choose one it would Realm of Fiction.
What excites you most about being a book review blogger?
When I receive ARCs through the post! Every time I get one, I can’t help the massive grin plastered on my face! ^__^
Five books everyone should read:
  1. Glass Houses by Rachel Caine
  2. Working Stiff by Rachel Caine
  3. The Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
  4. Dance of Shadows by Yelena Black
  5. By Midnight by Mia James
If a new blogger came up to you for advice, what would you tell them?
Enjoy every minute because each book will inspire you to do more.

ABOUT THE GAL

What got you into reading?
When I was younger I had trouble getting into the right kind of books, then I found Rainbow Fairies which started my love for books. Then the Twilight Saga started my love for YA!
Do your friends and family know about your blog?
Yes they do!
What are three things people may not know about you?
  1. I’m a Librarian.
  2. I love Strawberries.
  3. I collect snow globes.
If you had a superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it?
Ok, I have been thinking about this question for days, thinking of a really cool one! But I’m sticking with the original answer:

I have just started watching (again) Charmed! And I love Phoebe’s powers, So I’m going for Premonitions with a touch of combat skills. I would use it to help people. Cliché I know! :D