16 December 2012

In My Mailbox (99)


Our Christmas tree is finally up.  Normally, it goes up the day after Thanksgiving because my brothers and I are always so excited, you know?  This year, for some strange reason, it was almost December before I realized we hadn't put up the Christmas tree!  After being hounded by my eldest brother to put up the tree, we finally did.  And it looks fawwwbulous.  See?


Ever since we put up the Christmas tree, Christmas music has been playing non stop in my house.  I now know all the words to "Baby, It's Cold Outside" and "Frosty the Snowman".

Now here's what I got in my mailbox this week!


Library
Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier
Ruby Red #2
My school librarian recommended the first book, Ruby Red, to me, and I loved it!  You know they made a movie of it?  But it's in German!  :O  The trailer is still kind of fun to watch, even though it's kind of funny to listen to the actors rambling on in German, and being completely unable to understand any of it.  With the way Ruby Red ended, I'm really psyched to get the second book.


From the Author
ARC of Salvation by Anne Osterlund SIGNED + swag
The lovely Anne Osterlund sent me an advanced reader's copy of her newest book, Salvation, which releases January 10, 2013, as part of her blog tour.  (She'll be stopping by the Authoress January 3rd, during which time I'll have a giveaway for this awesome signed swag she sent.  So stay tuned for that.) I absolutely adored all of Ms. Osterlund's previous books, and I've been in a state of breathless anticipation ever since she announced her new book.  I'm so excited to start on this book!

Southern ARC Tours
Conquered City #1
I'm roughly halfway through this book right now -- and it's ahhhmazing.  I can see it like a movie in my head, and since dystopians are massively popular right now, especially book-to-movie dystopians, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this one gets to the big screen in the next few years.  Best action scenes I've read in a while.

Barnes & Noble
This was recommended to me a long, long, long time ago but only recently did I get a copy.  I've read a bit of it so far, and it makes me want to get my current reading pile over and done with so I can keep on reading it. :)

what did you get in your mailbox?