23 December 2012

In My Mailbox (100)


Christmas has totally snuck up on me this year!  It just always felt like a far off event, not two days away.  (And my theory is that I have very little to remind me Christmas is coming.  I'm not in school this year, so I don't go on winter break.  I stay in the house to watch my brothers, so I don't see the streets and stores decorated for Christmas.  Other than our tree and overabundance of Christmas music, I keep forgetting that the big day is nearly here.)

To all of you who are traveling this holiday season, please stay safe.  Take the extra time and effort to be careful on the roads -- it'll be worth it in return for a safe trip.  Thank you all for your kindness and support here on my blog.  Happy holidays. :)

Here's what I got this past week:

Library
Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor
Smoke and Bone #2
This is a ridiculously anticipated read this year.  I have to admit I'm not falling over myself with excitement.  I'm on the fence about the first book -- I loved the writing, but didn't think much of the romance.  So I'm continuing this series mostly out of curiosity.

Secret Santa
The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen + assorted goodies
HUGE THANKS to Erika Stroup at Moonlight Book Reviews for this awesome Secret Santa package.  Normally this is something I would open in the privacy of my own room, but I was so excited when I got it on Friday, I opened it downstairs in front of my friend.  The False Prince was an awesome read, and I've already used the cute Santa notepad. :3  The pink heart tin has three gorgeous bookmarks in it. So cute!  Again, thank you Erika! :D

what did you get in your mailbox?