28 December 2012

Follow Friday (42)


Q: What book do you think everyone should read?  If you could gift the entire population with one book?
A: It's so hard to choose just one book, because everything is a series now!  If I were to be rather liberal with the question, I'd suggest a series: Harry Potter by JK Rowling.  Hands down.  I was mentally1 listing off books that I considered my all-time favorites but wasn't getting a vibe off of any of them.  But, after a momentous epiphany while staring at my bookshelf, trying to figure out an answer to this question, I spotted The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater.  I immediately breathed, "That was such a good book."  So if I were to gift the entire population with one book, it would be The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater.

1 = I say "mentally" to present a more sane and coherent sentence.  I didn't want to go into the gory details where I count on my fingers like a five-year-old all my go-to recommended books.