25 November 2012

In My Mailbox (97)


Hello everyone!  Hope you're all having a great Sunday.  For all of you who are traveling, or who will be traveling, I hope you stay safe during this holiday weekend!  And I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving, if you celebrate it. :)

I went on a library spree this week.  Always a good thing for me (maybe not for my TBR list).  :3  But more importantly, I finally got:

The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling
YEESSS!  Finally got my copy of this!  I've only read snatches of it at Walmart and BJ's, so I am very happy to finally have it in my clutches!

Southern ARC Tours
Venom by Fiona Paul
Special thanks to the lovely ladies at Southern ARC Tours for letting me sign on to this tour!  I've started it, and it's fantastic so far.  Totally has me fantasizing about Italy.

Netgalley
A Shimmer of Angels by Lisa M. Basso ARC
The cover is what drew me to this, but I like the idea that the main character sees things other people don't.  Can't wait to get to this.

 

Library
I honestly have no excuse for picking this up.  I don't do reanimated beings.  But I read a few reviews of this, and I thought, "Eh.  Might as well try it."  So blogosphere!  You had better not let me down.

My reason for picking this one up was because I saw a MILLION people add it to their to-read lists on Goodreads, and so I found out what it was about, found it at my local library, and came out of it a very happy camper.  It looks amazing, so I can't wait to get started on it.

Again, I have no reason for picking this up.  I used to own a copy (before I sold it to Half Price Books).  I can't recall what made me look it up again, but now I have it, and apparently it's awesome, so obviously I'm going to have to read it.

I saw this when it first came out, and I know the sequel is coming out soon.  The sequel, Quicksilver, grabbed my eye, so I wanted to start this series.  Boosh!  And it begins.

Library
Special thanks to Leigh Bardugo for mentioning this in her acknowledgements in Shadow and Bone.  My WIP has a lot of Russian culture involved and I was struggling to find out more.  Despite the massive size of this book, I'm looking forward to learning more about Russian history.

What did you get in your mailbox?