04 November 2012

In My Mailbox (94)


I love the library.  And this is in general, because lately I've been scared to go to the library.  (If your state has early voting, you probably know what I'm talking about.)  Lines around the corner!  What kind of library has overflow parking?  Better yet, what kind of library has overflow parking that's used?  The past three times I've gone to the library (meaning in the past week and a half), there have been lines like nobody's business.  And when I went this morning?  The library hadn't been open for ten minutes and there was a line that looked like this:


More than a little bit crazy.

Still.  I love my local library.  It's a gem.  See, here's what it gave me this week!

Seraphina #1
Seraphina is absolutely magnificent so far!  Annnnnd did I find out some awesome information or what?  Rachel Hartman and I share a hometown!  If that's not enough for Seraphina to be awesome, I don't know what is. :3

The Royal Circle #1
While I had seen this around sometime ago, along with the hype that accompanied it, I wasn't really intrigued until Talia Vance read a bit of it out loud at an author panel I attended a few weeks ago.  Sitting in my seat (ostentatiously in the first row) I was stunned.  Gilt was something I had to get my hands on.

Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
Anna #1
I don't know how many people have recommended this book to me, but I finally caved.  (Happy?!)  So despite the fact that I do not do creepy books, I have in my possession a decidedly creepy book.  And how.

what did you get in your mailbox?