14 November 2012

Dear NaNoWriMo: Constant Nagging

Dearest NaNoWriMo,

Why don't you get off my back already?  Yes, I realize that I'm behind.  Should I blame myself?  Ultimately, yes.  I didn't have to choose to go to YALLFest (which literally took up an entire day and left absolutely no room for writing) but it happened and it's over.  From my slump, I have now put myself approximately 4,200 words behind schedule.

Don't.  Go.  There.  I'm behind.  That's how it is.  We're moving on.

I don't suppose you could cut me some slack?  Oh, of course not!  It's all about you!  Fine.  Keep on resetting the target count to 1,667 every single day.  I'm going to come out of this slump so fast and furiously, I'll leave 1,667 words in the dust.  You just watch me.

Most Affectionately and Determinately,

Your Biggest Fan

For the uninformed, NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month. The goal is to get to 50,000 words in thirty consecutive days -- the "thirty consecutive days" being the month of November. For more info (and to join in the fun!) check out the NaNoWriMo site. You can add me as a friend here.