09 September 2012

In My Mailbox (87)


I apologize, dear readers, for the lack of reviews on my blog.  I was back in Kentucky -- again! -- for my uncle's surgery.  (He's doing great, by the way, for a nearly seventy-year-old man who just had brain surgery.)  This was a really rich week for me in books, though I haven't been able to read as much as I would normally like. :/

Southern Book Tours
A great book so far.  I was really intrigued by the premise, and I hope it turns out to be awesome!

Library
I've heard so many good things about Jennifer Echols and this particular book of hers.  At first I didn't think I would ever read it since the premise didn't really appeal to me, but then I read a review (I forget who's it was... :/) and figured I might give it a try.

As soon as I finished Amy and Roger's Epic Detour I had to find out if Morgan Matson had written anything else.  I read the first few pages in Barnes & Noble and knew I had to read it.

Library
I am a fan of anything Patricia Briggs does and I've always been fascinated by the thought that there were graphic novels of her Mercy Thompson books.  (Though due to varying artists, the characters look slightly different in each one.  Personally, I like how Mercy and Adam look in Moon Called over Homecoming.)

Barnes and Noble + Half Price Books
I loved Sisters Red, but Sweetly really made me foam at the mouth of Jackson Pearce's writing.  I am so psyched to finally have a copy of Fathomless to add to my bookshelves. :)

Read it a long time ago and really enjoyed it.  I haven't read the sequel yet, which kind of irritates me, but I figure I should probably reread this one before I go launching into the sequel... whenever I get it, that is.

I remember seeing a really cool trailer for this one and when I saw it in relatively new condition at Half Priced Books, I figured I ought to get it.  

Half Price Books + Paperback Swap
The Circle Opens #2
Dude... anything by Tamora Pierce rocks.  Well, I couldn't really get into the Beka Cooper series, but I'm still determined to read it!  I loved the Circle series but this is the only one I own at the moment.  I'm gonna work on getting the whole thing.

Protector of the Small #2
It irritates me that I can't seem to get my hands on a used copy of the newer covers to this series.  I have the fourth one, but I want the same editions for the whole series!  I might end up collecting the older covers, the ones I don't really like. :/

Paperback Swap
Stray, Rogue, Pride, Prey, Shift
This picture is proof that readers are awesome.  I requested the first two books on Paperback Swap but this lovely lady from New York sent me the rest of the series!  And she's gonna send me the sixth book when she finishes it.  How awesome is that?  I've read Stray before but I'm rereading it so I can be caught up to finish the entire series.

Annnddd....

White 32G iPad from the Apple Store
I don't know how many of you saw this on Twitter or Instagram, but I got an iPad this week!  I'm a total Apple fangirl and I needed something that was portable so I can go places (like the library, or outside on my deck) to work on my book.  I was tired of being tied down at my desk.  Macbooks are ridiculously expensive and I didn't really need a whole other computer, and I can type surprisingly fast on an iPad.  So now the iPad gives me the means to be portable, but productive! :)

what did you get in your mailbox?

BTW: As of September 9th at 10:47 AM, I have 492 followers.  And I have no idea what to do for an event when I get to 500!  As you are my dearest followers, if you've got an idea for my 500 follower giveaway, please let me know in the comments! :)