02 September 2012

In My Mailbox (86)


A rich week in books!  And I haven't even hit up Half Price Books for their Labor Day Weekend Sale. ;)  I am so excited for the books I got this week.  Because one is of a tour-y nature, I had to start reading it right away -- oh my god, you could knock someone out with a copy of The Diviners by Libba Bray.

Barnes & Noble
A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger
Is that not an Oscar-worthy cover?  Ever since I read The DUFF, I knew Kody Keplinger would become one of my favorite authors.  I was hoping I could hold off on purchasing any of her new books until they came out in paperback (mixed edition sets and all that) but I just... couldn't.  My god, just had to get it!  But I will restrain myself.  I'll make myself read A Midsummer's Nightmare before getting Shut Out.

Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
Yes, I know, it's sooooooo good.  I don't succumb to hype but I was curious when I saw it in the bookstore and so I read the first few pages.  Knew right there I had to get it.  If it doesn't live up to the hype, I blame allllllll of y'all. -_____-

Southern Book Bloggers
The Diviners by Libba Bray
Diviners #1
I read A Great and Terrible Beauty for English my sophomore year of high school (multi-cultural assignment, blah blah blah) but wasn't such a big fan.  I know that Libba Bray is insanely popular, though, and the premise of The Diviners really intrigued me.  It is a whopper though!  Forget a baseball bat, when someone breaks it, show 'em a copy of The Diviners and watch them run in fear.

Library
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
The author's name isn't the only reason I got this book, kay?  (I wish I knew how her mother came up with the name Huntley... I mean, imagine the nicknames... Hey Hunt!  Juuuust sayin.)  My Life Next Door sounds like a fun and endearing story and, given the reaction I got on Twitter when I posted this picture, it's ajsdlfhasllskdf <--- that good.

$10 Amazon Gift Card
ONLY OPEN A WEEK
Open internationally.
Ends 9/5.