06 August 2012

Music Match Monday (7)


Book: For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
Song: Need You Tonight by Ben Rector

Lyrics:
from azlyrics.com

I can't seem to find the way to keep you
from running 'round in circles in my mind
There are things that we've both done that haunt us
There are things that we both left behind
And all I know is

Ooooh Ooooh Don't leave me
Don't say goodbye
Ooooh Ooooh I need you,
Need you tonight

Morning's end up crueler than the memories
Waking up from dreams that I can't trust
Everything I see somehow reminds me
of what my life was like when we were us
It's all I know

Ooooh Ooooh Don't leave me
Don't say goodbye
Ooooh Ooooh I need you,
Need you tonight

Ooooh Ooooh Don't leave me
Don't say goodbye
Ooooh Ooooh I need you,
Need you tonight

Ooooh Ooooh Don't leave me
Don't say goodbye
Ooooh Ooooh I need you,
Need you tonight
Need you tonight

Why:  The entire time while reading For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund, I kept thinking about this song.  I'd turn it on after setting the book down and it would send me right back to it.  I think the lyrics reflect a lot of the book's theme perfectly.  Like: "Everything I see somehow reminds me of what my life was like when we were us."  And the slow, passionate tone of the song really matches the book's.

*  *  *

Music Match Monday is a meme created by myself, the Authoress. All you do is take the book you're reading now -- or maybe the last book you read -- and find a song that matches it. Like its theme song. And share it with us!