26 August 2012

In My Mailbox (85)

Half-Price Books will leave me in destitution, seriously y'all.  And yet grant me a wealth of books.

I'll be moving from my fair state of North Carolina soon (*tear*) and back to my Old Kentucky Home. Where they have Half-Price Books.  Right around the corner.  Open 7 days a week.  Lord help us all.

Since I was in Kentucky for a family emergency last week (thank you all who wished me well!), I stopped by Half-Price Books and paid my fill.

Half-Price Books:
Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles 
Perfect Chemistry #2
Got it Tuesday, finished it several days ago.  A great book.

Eon by Alison Goodman 
Eon #1
Already read this, but I've always wanted my own copy, especially now that Eona is out.

Legend by Marie Lu 
Legend #1
My god, the hype!  I read an excerpt for the kindle and thought it was really interesting.  Interesting enough that, when I saw it, I picked it up.

Death Watch by Ari Berk 
The Undertaken #1
Saw this in stores a while back and so when I saw a decent copy, I snagged it.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling 
Harry Potter #1
This is almost shameful, certainly embarrassing, for me to admit but all of my Harry Potter books are in hardcover...except the first one.  Ugh.  Sticks out like a freaking sore thumb.  So when I saw this in hardcover, gently used, I had to have it.  I almost didn't buy it, though.  But it looked used!  So it blended in with my series perfectly.

Barnes & Noble:
Queen of Kentucky by Alecia Whitaker 
Okay, lemme just say something about this (this will inevitably become a topic for "Just For Kicks").  The widespread pride people have about being from Kentucky is insane.  I mean, insane as in they have Wildcat pasta and Wildcat toasters.  Don't believe me?  (The pasta, the toaster, the muffin tin, the shirt.)  So when I saw this book and that it was autographed, I didn't so much care what it was about.  Just that it was about Kentucky, I'm from Kentucky, my friends tease me for my Kentucky accent...so, I'll show 'em. ;)

Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales 
Um, yeah.  Who doesn't need a copy of this?

Paperback Swap:
Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs
Alpha & Omega #1
YEEESSSSS.  I got Hunting Ground a few weeks ago and now I have Cry Wolf!  Life = made.  I've already reread it since I got it Wednesday.

Kindle:
Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey
Cold Kiss #1
Don't know anything about this book, only that I got it for free.  (I think that offer ends tomorrow, by the way.)  I like the cover, though.

The Archived by Victoria Schwab
Archived #1
Awesome cover on this one.  I've heard about Victoria Schwab but I haven't read anything by her yet.

Really busy week for me!  Then again, I don't get to go to Half-Price Books except when I'm in Kentucky, so I generally tend to stock up.

What did y'all get in your mailbox?