22 July 2012

In My Mailbox (80)


Hey everyone!  So I'm here for another week of In My Mailbox.  (Which, just as a side note, is an ironic title in my case because unlike the Story Siren, I don't fifteen to twenty books in the mail every week.  I can barely afford the three books I get from Amazon every month.)  But speaking of three books from Amazon!  That's what I got this week!

*clicketh to enbiggify*

First up!

Artemis Fowl: The Last Guardian by Eoin Colfer - The Artemis Fowl series racks right up there with Ranger's Apprentice (John Flanagan) and Harry Potter (J.K. Rowling).  So I say, "I'm so excited to read this book" while stocking my freezer with Ben & Jerry's cartons because I love the books but for that reason, I don't want the series to end. :(

Fever by Lauren DeStefano - Lauren DeStefano probably thinks I'm a total creeper because I "heart" almost all her pictures on Instagram.  Ms. DeStefano, I am not a creeper!  I just like pics of cats!  I am really excited to have the second book in your Chemical Garden trilogy -- thus proving, essentially, that I am not a freak.

Non-blog related item: Writer's Guide to Character Traits (second edition) by Linda N. Edelstein, PH.D - This book is awesome.  I am a writer, after all.  And it has bulleted lists!  This makes it awesome!  Lists make the world go round; it's what separates us from the animals!

On my kindle: The Shadow Cats (novella) by Rae Carson - Best three and a half bucks I've ever spent in the Kindle Store.  I loved Ms. Carson's book, The Girl of Fire and Thorns so a novella set in the same world!?  Gimme that!

All these (with the exception of my non-blog related item) are listed on my to-read list for August, so look out for these reviews next month!

Oh, but don't go yet.  I have one more thing.  I saved the best for last.  Some of my twitter pals and instagramians may have already seen this but Ms. Robin LaFevers, author of Grave Mercy, sent me my prize for one of her giveaways.  I got a Grave Mercy tee shirt!  My first book-related non-book prize ever!  As I related to Racquel @ The Book Barbies on Twitter, "If I had a glass case, this would be under it."


So that's my awesome week in books!  I hope yours was equally awesome, so link up! :)

what did you get in your mailbox?