25 June 2012

Just for Kicks: The Last Summer Reading Plans of All Time


#22 - The Last Summer Reading Plans of All Time (aka: I am now an official high school graduate)


So let me get this out of the way super quick: I graduated high school this month.  Yes, 'tis true.  Me, and several hundred other eighteen-year-olds, are being released into the world with the semi-promising title of "high school graduate".  I will join you in the muttered prayer of "Lord, help us all".

Moving on...

Technically, I don't have a "summer" this year because I'm not heading to college in the fall.  In accordance to being a writer and "breaking tradition" and all that, I'm taking a year off to pursue my literary career.  (Translation: I will at home 24/7 trying not to rip my own eyelashes out in boredom.)  But for the purpose of the blogosphere (and because I'm not quite ready to let go of my youth -- alas, I turned eighteen on the twenty-third this month) I will do one last summer.

Summer Goal:
Bust down and read every last unread book on my shelves.

See what a completed high school education will do?  Finally force a person to realize that when the Last Summer of All Time hits, some things just have to be done.

Incentive:
For every ten books I read, I will allow myself to buy one book.

Allowances (exceptions):
Starting in July, I am allowed to check out two library books a month. (*silent sob*)

Term:
June 2012 - August 31, 2012

i.D.
Hashtag: #LastSummerReads
Identification Color (on le blog): Last Summer Book Read
In the Review Archive:  **le title

Progress:
Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen
Wither by Lauren DeStefano
Ranger's Apprentice: The Kings of Clonmel by John Flanagan
Dragonswood by Janet Lee Carey
Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
Sweetly by Jackson Pearce
For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfruend
The Calling by Kelley Armstrong
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
On the Prowl: Alpha and Omega by Patricia Briggs
Artemis Fowl: The Last Guardian by Eoin Colfer
The Shadow Cats (novella) by Rae Carson