28 May 2012

Music Match Monday (3)

Music Match Monday is a meme created by myself, the Authoress. All you do is take the book you're reading now -- or maybe the last book you read -- and find a song that matches it. Like its theme song. And share it with us!

Book: Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
Song: What I've Overcome by Fireflight


Why:  I was listening to this song randomly soon after I finished reading Pandemonium and I was struck by how a lot of the lyrics clicked with the story.  Lines like "I feel this freedom / now that my past is erased" speaks directly to Lena's transformation in the story.  And then the chorus:
If only you could see me yesterday
who I used to be before the change
you'd see a broken heart
you'd see the battle scars

It's funny how words can't explain
how good it finally feels to break the chains
I'm not what I have done
I'm what I've overcome
I especially love: "I know I'll stumble / I know I'll still face defeat / these second chances / will define me".  It's a great song, and know it's branded with the mark of deliria. ;)