14 May 2012

Music Match Monday (1)


Music Match Monday is a meme created by myself, the Authoress.  All you do is take the book you're reading now -- or maybe the last book you read -- and find a song that matches it.  Like its theme song.  And share it with us!

Books:  Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Song: Fade Away by Breaking Benjamin


Lyrics: 
from azlyrics.com.

I'm cold and broken
It's over I didn't want to see it come to this
I wonder if I will ever see your face again
And I know that I will find a way to shed my skin
It's simple I know that I will suffer in the end

Fast I fade away
It's almost over
Hold on
Slow I suffocate
I'm cold and broken
Alone

It's hopeless, the end will come and wash it all away
Forsaken, I live for those I lost along the way
And I can't remember how it all began to break
You suffer, I live to fight and die another day

Fast I fade away
It's almost over
Hold on
Slow I suffocate
I'm cold and broken
Alone

Fast I fade away
It's almost over
Hold on
Slow I suffocate
I'm cold and broken
Alone

I'm cold and broken

Why:  I always think about really dark, edgy music when I think about Divergent and Insurgent.  Mostly because of the type of world and Tris's chosen faction.  Also, parts of the lyrics like "I live for those I lost along the way" can be related to an event at the end of the first book.  I also like "I live to fight and die another day" mostly because it reminds me of Four's attitude.