26 February 2012

In My Mailbox (73)


Hello everyone!  I hope you all had a great week.  :)  I myself got a late Christmas present and a bunch of CDs to satisfy the inner cowgirl.  I also got some writing done, which is always a plus to any week.


Let's get started!

Divergent | Veronica Roth  I have heard a lot of excited hype about this book and its sequel, Insurgent (coming May 2012).  It had lit a fire under my best friend.  She loved it so much, she sent this to me as my belated Christmas gift.  As you can see by the bookmark, I'm currently reading it.  I'm only thirty pages in, but I like it so far.  :)  Review will come soon.

As for my country stimulus: 

From top to bottom:

Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe - Original Soundtrack
Lifehouse - Smoke & Mirrors
Keith Urban - Get Closer
Eli Young Band - Jet Black & Jealous
Blake Shelton - Red River Blue

Now admittedly, the first two are not country.  I got the Narnia soundtrack because it's fantastic music, for one, and for two, I needed fantastic non-lyrical music to listen to while I write.

I ordered several books this week (two are educational, the other is YA) and I can't wait to share those with you!

Also, if anyone just so happens to have a copy of The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood that they have lying around and don't want anymore, mind paying it forward?  ;)  You will be eternally loved.

what did you get in your mailbox this week?