02 January 2012

Just For Kicks: Bookshelf Tour

Just For Kicks is a weekly meme held by me, The Authoress, that lets us share whatever random thing we want--whether it's book related or not is up to you.


#17 - Bookshelf Tour


Hey y'all!  Thought I'd open this new year with a tour of my shelves.  And hey, I might be moving in June (or going to college! o.o) so I'll have a different set up one of these days.  This is for posterity.


**CLICK TO ENBIGGIFY**



I sort my shelves by author last name (yes, I am just a bit OCD).  On the top rack we've got: (mostly, I didn't list all of them)
  • Kelley Armstrong books
    • Darkest Powers trilogy (1-3)
    • The Gathering
    • Enthralled
  • Jennifer Lynn Barnes books
    • Raised by Wolves series (1-2)
  • A favorite: Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken
  • V. Briceland books
    • Cassaforte Chronicles (1-3)
  • Patricia Briggs books
    • Mercy Thompson series (1-5)
  • Ally Carter books
    • Gallagher Girl series (1-4)
    • Uncommon Criminals
  • Kristen Cashore books
    • Graceling
    • Fire
  • Kristen Chandler books
    • Wolves, Boys, and Other Things That Might Kill Me
    • Girls Don't Fly
  • And a little stuffed wolf

The books actually go across, not up and down, but whatever.
  • Cinda Williams Chima books
    • Seven Realms series (1-3)
    • Heir series (1-3)
  • You can just barely see another book lying down.  That's The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman and on top of it, my kindle.
  • John Flanagan books
    • Ranger's Apprentice series (1-10)
    • Brotherband series (1)
  • Caster Chronicles - Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl (1-3)
  • Tamora Pierce books
    • Song of the Lioness Quartet (1-4)
    • Immortals Quartet (1-4)
    • Trickster's series (1-2)
    • Lady Knight
  • Rick Riordan books
    • Percy Jackson series (1-5 boxed set)
    • Kane Chronicles (1-2)
    • Heroes of Olympus series (1-2)
  • Maria V Snyder books
    • Study series (1-3)
    • Storm series (1-3)
    • Inside Out series (1-2)
  • Maggie Stiefvater books
    • The Scorpio Races
    • Wolves of Mercy Falls series (1-3)
  • The Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

La dee da dee da (shout out if you recognize that! ^_^  BBC Robin Hood, anyone?)
  • Eoin Colfer books
    • Artemis Fowl series (1-7)
    • Artemis Fowl graphic novel
    • The Supernaturalist
    • Artemis Fowl Files
  • The Hunger Games trilogy - Suzanne Collins (1-3)
  • Leah Cypess books
    • Mistwood
    • Nightspell
  • John Green books
    • Paper Towns
    • An Abundance of Katherines
  • Healing Wars trilogy - Janice Hardy (1-3)
  • Possession - Elana Johnson
  • Faerie Path series - Frewin Jones (1-2)
  • Sherryl Jordan
    • Secret Sacrament
    • Time of the Eagle
  • Harry Potter series - J.K. Rowling (1-7)
  • Kieran Scott books
    • Non-Blond Cheerleader series (1-2)
    • She's So Dead to Us
  • Leven Thumps series - Obert Skye (1-3)
  • Impossible - Nancy Werlin
  • Leviathan series - Scott Westerfeld (1-2)
  • The Mockingbirds - Daisy Whitney
  • Blind Faith - Ellen Wittlinger
  • The Replacement - Brenna Yovanoff
  • Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac - Gabrielle Zevin
  • Prophecy of the Sisters - Michelle Zink

Ignore the very top two shelves attached to the wall.  It's mostly pictures of me and my cousin and my quarter jar.
  • 13 to Life series - Shannon Delany (1-3)
  • Sarah Dessen books
    • That Summer
    • Someone Like You
    • Keeping the Moon
    • This Lullaby
    • The Truth About Forever
    • What Happened to Goodbye
    • Along for the Ride
    • Lock and Key
    • Just Listen
  • Incarceron series - Catherine Fisher (1-2)
  • Hush, Hush series - Becca Fitzpatrick (1-3)
  • The DUFF - Kody Keplinger
  • Legacy - Cayla Kluver
  • Melina Marchetta books
    • Finnikin of the Rock
    • Jellicoe Road
  • Twilight series - Stephenie Meyer (1-4)
  • Delirium - Lauren Oliver
  • Anne Osterlund books
    • Aurelia series (1-2)
    • Academy 7
  • Inheritance series - Christopher Paolini (1-4)
  • Jackson Pearce books
    • Sisters Red
    • Sweetly
  • Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins

These are all of my reference books for my writing, my stationary, box of old CD's, my library books and my National Geographics.  (See, really, I'm a ginormous nerd.  That's a book of Psychology next to my library book stack.)



Though it's my desk, it often serves as an extra bookshelf.  For once, it is clear of a towering stack of books that (a) have yet to be shelved, (b) are being currently read or (c) are being used for reference.  The two uppermost posters on the wall are from National Geographics.  The "Chicago" poster is from the University of Chicago, given to me while I was investigating them as a potential college choice.  (It didn't pan out, but I still appreciate the poster.)  And yes, that is an empty can of Sunkist on my desk.  Quickest way to my heart is with a can of Sunkist and a M*A*S*H episode.



This is where I've been putting my stack of books that usually go on my desk.  Those are my writing books, and my loose "currently reading" books.  (WHY YES THOSE ARE HARRY POTTER BOOKENDS.  THANKS FOR NOTICING.  AND NO YOU CANNOT HAVE THEM.)



Figured I'd throw this in here since they are book related posters.  I got the Harry Potter one with my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and I can't remember where I got the Twilight poster.  I want to take it down and replace it with something else, but I can't find another book related poster that I like.


*   *   *

I hope you enjoyed (and survived) that adventure!  Please note, again, that I did not outline every single book I own.  I just highlighted the summary of what was on the shelves.  We'd be here a while if I typed out every single book I own. XD