15 January 2012

In My Mailbox (69)


Hey y'all!  Hoping you guys are all having a fantastic Sunday! :)  My week was exciting.  Took final exams, two midterms, got kidnapped by two guyfriends to go to vandalize a friend's car and wander around Walmart.

Also got to go to the library and FINALLY had time to finish a fantastic book, review of which will be going up Tuesday. :)

Ten Things We Did (And Probably Shouldn't Have) | Sarah Mlynowski  I picked this up by random chance because I really wanted a hit of contemporary after being on a PNR high for so long.  It looks really good, though my critique partner tells me that there's a lot of heavy stuff in there.  Meh.  Sometimes a girl just needs a break from sword fights.

Entwined | Heather Dixon  I've had my eye on this book for so long, I forgot what it was about!  (So I went and reread the summary, 'cause I hate being ignorant about books I'm reading.)  It looks like another remake of the fairytale where the princesses have to dance every night for a king.  Anyways, it looks like the story might be good, but I'm wary about the main character.  Ah well.  We'll see.

Withering Tights | Louise Rennison  Again, I wanted a contemporary, but I purposefully went with this one because it looks hilarious and I passed over buying it when Borders was still around, but I figured I ought to make up to it by reading it. :)


So besides a WILD weekend, I'm settling in for some serious R&R since I don't have school tomorrow.  I do, however, have an exam Tuesday.  (Honor Forensic Science...thrilling.)  Meanwhile, I'm going to be rocking out on the piano and dutifully writing my review (AND FIRST RECOMMENDATION).


For everyone who commented on my "Just For Kicks: Your Blog Annoys Me Because..." post, a big thanks. :)  I'll admit I was a big nervous when I submitted it because it's so angst-ridden, but I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one with issues like that.


Stay tuned.

what did you get in your mailbox?