11 December 2011

In My Mailbox (66)


I was determined to get books this week--whether it was by ransacking my school library or mobbing a little old lady with her Bible.  (Not really.)  But I really wanted to have new books this week.  Luckily, my school library got a new shipment of books in recently, SO NOW I have all the materials I need for my evil plans.  *cue evil laughter*

The Shattering | Karen Healey  This was among the "New Releases" at my school library, and I'd heard a lot about it.  So, having read the flap, I decided to check it out.

Before I Fall | Lauren Oliver  I had already been planning to read this book since I was so impressed with Ms. Oliver's Delirium but then my critique partner told me I havetoreaditrightthissecond.  It took me a while to get a hold of it, but then I found it at my school library. :)

Maximum Ride #1 (Graphic Novel) | James Patterson  I'd tried reading the book.  Did not work out very well.  So when I was checking in a new shipment of books at my school library this past week, I saw this.  There were four of them and the covers were SO PURDY.  And I'd never read a graphic novel, so I decided to give this one a chance.  Am I liking it so far?  Meh.  The characters are starting to bother me. o.O

The Goddess Test | Aimee Carter  Compliments of Harlequin Teen Panel, they sent me this as a Christmas gift.  I've been meaning to read this one for a while, but I was never truly motivated to go out and get it because I'm wary of it.  When it comes to Greek mythology, I'm Percy Jackson all the way.  It's hard to think that this book has a "fresh take on Greek myths" like it's fantastic or something.  So.  It shall be interesting, nonetheless.

I'm so glad to have books to share with you this week!  I feel awful every time Sunday comes around and I don't have books to share.

I hope you all have a good Christmas holiday coming up!  I'm leaving Friday or Saturday to go to My Old Kentucky Home. ;)  I may or may not have books to share with you next Sunday.  Depends on whether or not my aunt will take me to Half-Price Books. ^_^

what did you get in your mailbox?