14 November 2011

Just For Kicks: NaNoWriMo Check In

Just For Kicks is a weekly meme held by me, The Authoress, that lets us share whatever random thing we want--whether it's book related or not is up to you.

#13 - NaNoWriMo (Part II)

Alright.  I don't know about y'all, but I'm feeling the pressure right about now.  Exactly two weeks into this fool's errand and I'm kind of down in the dumps with my head in the clouds.  Out of these fourteen days, I've had exactly eight days with zero progression.  As in, the chart I've got going to track my progress has eight days worth of "zeroes" in it.  Pretty depressing.

So where does the "head in the clouds" part come in?  Well.  Glad you brought that up.  Despite these eight "zero days," I've also put in some decent writing time.  Maybe not up to NaNoWriMo standards, but more than I've had in a while.  (School kicks rocks, man.)  My highest clip so far is approximately 2600 words.  That's pretty good for one day.  Yesterday, I logged 1777.  Definitely not bad right there, as I not only made my required 1,667 daily count, but I went over it.  Again.

My total right now is nearly 8,000 words.  Not stellar when it comes to where I'm supposed to be.  (23,338, not like I'm keeping track or anything.)  I've got a lot of words to put in.  Plenty of hours.  Luckily, I'm blessed with some extra writing time because I don't have a fourth block (last class).  So I'm out of school by 1 o'clock.  (Always a blessing, trust me.)

My goal for the next week is to get up to my 20,000 word marker, though I'd still be 15,000 words behind.  I'm going to have to slowly build my way back up.  And I'm determined to do it, too.  I just have a feeling I'm going to get it this year.  I also have some off days coming up, so that gives me even MORE time to write over Thanksgiving.  "This year, I am grateful for the god-given time to catch up on NaNoWriMo."

where are you in nanowrimo?