16 October 2011

In My Mailbox (61)

Click here for The Story Siren

I was tired of not having an IMM post because I didn't have any books to share.  So!  In defiance, I went to the library (both main AND my school one) and got some books.  AND I got some books I'd had preordered for my birthday come in.  Can I get an Oorah?!

Shall we?

DSC00504 copy

Silence | Becca Fitzpatrick  This is the third in the Hush, Hush series.  I've been pretty half and half about this whole series, but I'm still really excited to read this one.  I heard that Silence is NOT actually the last book…Is Becca Fitzpatrick coming out with a new one?

The Son of Neptune | Rick Riordan  This is the second book in the Heroes of Olympus series—a spin off from the ever-awesome Percy Jackson series.  I was DYING at the end of the first book and now Fate has delivered my cure.  I can't wait to get into this one!

DSC00505 copy

The Haunting of Alaizabel Cray | Chris Wooding  I've started this book before but I think it was the style that left me uninterested.  I've read farther in than before, but yeah…the style is dragging on me…

The Shifter | Janice Hardy  Already finished, reviewed and ordered on Amazon!  (Actually I ordered the whole series.)  Janice Hardy has a bitchin blog for writers that you should be checking out right now.

DSC00506 copy

The Fellowship of the Ring | J.R.R. Tolkien  I adore the movies (I got the whole trilogy on Blu-Ray a couple of months ago) but I've never read the books.  And I'm rectifying this flagrant act of sacrilege.  I've started a bit of it but haven't been able to put a lot of time into it because…

The Chocolate War | Robert Cormier  I have to read this for school.  It's okay but not something I would pick up on my own time, you know?  Mostly because I don't like reading books that have the author's name bigger than the title.

 

Alrighty y'all.  That's it for me.

 

what did you get in your mailbox?