04 September 2011

In My Mailbox (58)

ss_inmymailbox6 copy

I have been sick for over a week.  And it has progressed in a semi-predictable way.  For example, last Saturday (not yesterday) I woke up with a sore throat.  Still went to school Monday.  Ended up talking way too much in an overcrowded lunch room (read: I yelled myself hoarse in order to be heard) and by Tuesday I'd lost my voice.  Some think the smoker voice is sexy—I just find it irritating that I can't sing along with my favorite songs. >.>

My voice sounds normal now after it being hoarse for almost a week.  Thank god.

And I also managed to scrape up some books because a) my dad is awesome and b) birthday presents can be awesome too.  Remember those four pre ordered books I asked for for my birthday?  The first one came in today.

DSC00458 copy

Sweetly | Jackson Pearce  Thank you, God, for my father.  Among many other things, he didn't bat an eye when I darted into the book aisle at Walmart and came out to place this little beauty in the cart.

The Gray Wolf Throne | Cinda Williams Chima  Got this pre ordered back in June and it just came out last week! EEEEEKKK.  So excited!  I love Cinda Williams Chima so much and personally, Seven Realms is my favorite between that and the Heir series.



That's actually all I got this week.  I don't have school tomorrow but I've got a crapload of chores to attend to amongst all my reading and writing (more reading than writing o.o).

What did you get in your mailbox?