21 August 2011

In My Mailbox (57)

ss_inmymailbox6 copy
Weekly Recap:  This is my last weekend before school starts.  Disney night with a couple of my friends.  We watched Tangled and it was actually really good! :)  I'm glad I got to watch it (even after Mary Poppins was so harshly rejected).

Went to Borders yesterday (possibly for the LAST TIME *bawls*) and got myself some books.

Okay, my shelving system is weird.  It's so delicate that getting four books from Borders means I have to COMPLETELY rearrange my shelves in order for them to fit. o.O It went well for me because I have an organizational system that makes sense to me and no one else.  Only I, a book geek through and through, would find rearranging all my bookshelves fun. XD

But whatever.  Gabble, gabble, gabble.  You're here for book action!
DSC00451 copy
Wolves, Boys & Other Things That Might Kill Me | Kristen Chandler  Despite the very creative yet obnoxiously long title, this book looks freaking awesome and I've had it on my to-read list forEVER now so I was thrilled to buy it yesterday. :)

Blood Magic | Tessa Gratton  Okay, honestly?  I bought this one because a) the summary was promising and b) Tessa Gratton is one of Maggie Stiefvater's critique partners.  I love Maggie Stiefvater, so I figure reading her critique partner's book would be a safe bet.  And Tessa Gratton was hilarious in the travelling videos of her and Ms. Stiefvater.
DSC00452 copy
A Need So Beautiful | Suzanne Young  I was determined to get this book.  I have no idea why, but I told myself the day before I went to Borders, "Amelia, A Need So Beautiful needs to be on your bookshelf by tomorrow night or ELSE" (yeah, my other self tends to be threatening quite often—don't ask me what pissed her off so much).

The Poison Diaries | Maryrose Wood with the Duchess of Northumberland  This book called out to me way before I found a reason to buy it (yes, sometimes I need reasons to buy books—my book-buying process is so ungodly complicated).  I received the sequel, The Poison Diaries: Nightshade (another NIGHTSHADE.  GOD.) but I need to read the first book…first, you know.
DSC00453 copy
Vampire Academy | Richelle Mead  It's been a year since this book and I broke up, but I was feeling some sparks again, so I've decided to take it back.  My friends have told me that it'll be good for me to do this, so I've agreed to this trail period.

For Review | Kindle
The Butterfly Clues | Kate Ellison  From Egmont USA  Looks pretty good.  I love the cover.  Kudos to the cover artist.  Releases February 4, 2012

Every Other Day | Jennifer Lynn Barnes  From Egmont USA  Okay, first of all, it's Jennifer Lynn Barnes.  Second of all, it sounds really good.  Releases December 27, 2011

what did you get in your mailbox?