25 July 2011

Just for Kicks (2)

ss_justforkicks2 copy

Just For Kicks is a weekly meme held by me, The Authoress, that lets us share whatever random thing we want—whether it's book related or not is up to you.

This week I've decided to share my bookshelves with you.  I couldn't manage a picture of one because of the rotten angle (and clutter) but I'll fill you in.

DSC00405

Being OCD, I have a set order of how I shelve my books.  So top shelf, left hand side: that's where my favorite books go that don't fit on my all-time favorite bookshelf.  So there's the Mercy Thompson books, A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb, Graceling and Fire by Kristin Cashore, the Heir series by Cinda Williams Chima and the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer.  Fun stuff.

Other than that, they're sorted by genre (roughly: Maria V. Snyder and Rick Riordan both have their own shelves).  The stuffed wolf is sitting on top of my werewolf books. XD

DSC00406

Right there in the middle is my to-read shelf.  To-read shelf meaning books that I own that are to be read.  Oh, and that's also where I leave my contacts case to dry. XD  The bottom shelf (not actually the bottom shelf, the real bottoms shelves are cut out of this pic) on the left side are all my reference books, the right are classics, etc.  The very top shelf has really popular series.  So Harry Potter, Eragon, Twilight and Hunger Games.

DSC00407

This is my all-time favorites shelf.  Sorry about the random hand fan right there.  This shelf is rightnexto my desk so it was hard to get a good angle.  So I've got (from left to right): the Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter, Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter, Aurelia and Academy 7 and Exile + ARC by Anne Osterlund, the Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater, the 13 to Life series by Shannon Delany, the Cassaforte Chronicles by V. Briceland, the Seven Realms novels by Cinda Williams Chima, The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney, The Duff by Kody Keplinger and (cut off) Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken.


So right beneath my all-time favorites shelf has my Sarah Dessen books, the Hush, Hush books by Becca Fitzpatrick and the Incarceron series by Catherine Fisher.  Couldn't get a good photo of it though.


And on the shelf above my all-time favorites is my immediate to-read pile, which currently has Angel Burn by L.A. Weatherly and Across the Universe by Beth Revis.  Library books always take first priority.



Do you have a certain way of organizing your books?  Do you have an all-time favorites shelf?  Do you have a whole shelf (or shelves) dedicated to your to-read books?  Feel free to make your own Just for Kicks post and share with me in the comments. :)