24 July 2011

In My Mailbox (54)

ss_inmymailbox6 copy

I got contacts for the first time on Friday.  So my eyes are irritating me.  And it puts me in a grumpy mood.  So that's why this IMM is late-ish.  Good news, my whole week has been made by an awesome person.

 

DSC00389 copy

R.A.K. July '11 - Special thanks for Liz @ Consumed by Books
Brightly Woven | Alexandra Bracken  This is probably one of my favorite books of this year.  I haven't gotten it before now because Borders doesn't carry it and I'm one of those people who likes to physically go out and get a book.  So I was so psyched to have gotten this in the mail.

Uncommon Criminals | Ally Carter  Need I even explain?  I have Ally Carter's Gallagher Girls books and I have also read "Heist Society" though I don't own it yet.  I need it in hardcover, which Borders ALSO doesn't have. 

DSC00387 copy

Borders, as you may know, is going out of business, so they're having Going Out of Business sales.  I decided to get books that I'd already read and knew I liked, since Borders now has a No Return policy.

Darkest Powers trilogy | Kelley Armstrong  I read this series a while ago but I've been meaning to buy it for some time now.  I love Kelley Armstrong's work.

DSC00388 copy

Mercy Thompson series #4 and #5 | Patricia Briggs  I have the first three, needed to complete the series.  Patricia Briggs is a FANTASTIC writer.  I love her work.

DSC00395 copy

The Intellectual Devotional: American History | David S. Kidder & Noah D. Oppenheim  This is the world laughing at me.  This book gives a one-page summary on important aspects in American History.  I needed this for my APUSH class…last year.  I probably would have done better on my AP exam.  I'm a history nut though, so that's why I picked it up off of clearance.

DSC00394 copy

Delirium | Lauren Oliver  I've heard great stuff about this book and I love the idea of love being a disease.  I'm about a hundred pages in right now and I'm enjoying it.

Angel Burn | L.A. Weatherly  I was drawn to this book in the bookstore when I read the back flap and read about how the author had had one of the main characters in her head for years, originally in a fantasy setting as a thief but now relocated to a modern setting.  It sounds really interesting.

Across the Universe | Beth Revis  The superior size of this book must be to contain all the awesomeness, because it's about an inch taller than its fellows.  I've seen a lot of great things said about this book, and though it didn't seem like quite my thing at first, I think I'll like it.

what did you get in your mailbox?