17 July 2011

In My Mailbox (53)

ss_inmymailbox2 copy

Past week's been good.  Got some excellent books, read some excellent books, went to see Harry Potter at midnight.  All very fun stuff.

DSC00382

Forever | Maggie Stiefvater  Uh, yea?  Need I say more?  This is book three in the Wolves of Mercy Falls series.  I've heard from my super secret blogger source that there's a lot of conflicting reviews about this one.  Still.  I'm glad it's finally next on my to-read list.

The Mockingbirds | Daisy Whitney  A phenomenal book that I bought via Amazon as soon as I finished reading it.  I recommend this book to everyone, regardless if you like paranormal romance or fantasy.

The DUFF | Kody Keplinger  Another phenomenal book that I recommend to everyone looking for a funny, engaging read.  This is one of my favorites.  Look later this week for the review.

DSC00377

Just for Kicks | Her Highness, Gigi  I don't know why I love sharing pictures of my animals with anyone who can see, but here it is.  First of all, we don't call her Gigi (though we do sometime call her "Highness").  We just call her Cat.  Yea.  And her throne is my desk chair.  However, I found her sitting in my brand new reading chair and decided to snap a pic.  All hail Queen Cat!  You see her here glaring down at her subjects.

What did you get in your mailbox?

Oh wait!

While I've got you here, Mac Users: I'm going to college next year (2012-2013) and I want to get a new laptop.  The one I have now is a dinosaur.  While trusty, there's no way I'm hauling this around a college campus or anywhere else.  I want a Mac.  Specifically, a Macbook Pro (13").  I've done a lot of research on the Macs, but I want the opinions of Mac users about switching from a PC to a Mac.  Or if you've always had a Mac, what are the pros and cons?  Note: I love making graphics and Mac's excellent with graphics.  Are there good graphic programs Mac offers?