15 May 2011

In My Mailbox (43)

ss_inmymailbox2 copy

Right now, I feel ridiculously sick with this head cold.  I’ve got this pulsing headache right over my left eye—and the continuous barking of my dog outside isn’t helping.

But before this sickness hit (say, oh back on Tuesday), I went to Borders with one of my friends to pick up a real gem that just came out.

Also!  On Thursday, when I was in bed sleeping off this sickness, my mother woke me up (I let it pass) to let me know that I got something in the mail. Well, I was feeling this sickness so hard that I didn’t even get up until about an hour later to see what I’d gotten.

So.  In chronological order…

DSC00336 copy

What Happened to Goodbye | Sarah Dessen  Like I said, went the day it came out to get it.  I’ve already finished it and meant to put up my review yesterday but…I couldn’t really concentrate.  So I’ll write it up today and put it up tomorrow.  (Just to let you know…it was a fantastic book!  You can see all my Dessen novels up there.)

DSC00338 copy

Postcard | Courtesy of Elana Johnson  Ms. Elana Johnson, author of Possession sent me an awesome postcard inviting me to her launch party and author signing.  Only problem is, it’s out in Utah (meaning the other side of the freaking country) and the launch party is on the 8th (I’m still in school then, technically) so I couldn’t go even if I wanted to.  I’ll probably attend the virtual launch party, though, which is on the sixteenth.  Big thanks to Ms. Johnson!!

Possession releases June 7th!

* * *

I’ve redone the skin for Insincere Conformity.  I wish it were active.  If anyone has any ideas for making the site appealing to bloggers/authors/etc., please let me know. :)  The skin is called “Finnick’s Reprise” which is based off the Hunger Games books.  That’s why I picked it.

Also, I’ve finally got a Facebook.  Let’s just see if I can keep up with it.

What did you get in your mailbox?