01 May 2011

In My Mailbox (40+41) - Half Price Books Edition

ss_inmymailbox2 copy
Sorry I didn’t get around to posting my mailbox last week.  I happened to be in Kentucky and Easter and travelling and all that good stuff.

But let’s get right to the books!

DSC00329 copy

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows | JK Rowling (British hardcover edition…methinks…)  I got this book because I’m fascinated by foreign editions—as long as they’re in English, of course. 

Eragon | Christopher Paolini  I got this book because I’ve started collecting “mark up” copies for the summertime.  This happens to be one of my favorite books—one that I greatly admire—and so I want to mark places that I can study for my own writing.

The Great Gatsby | F Scott Fitzgerald  I am NOT a classics fan.  In the words of Mark Twain, “’Classic’ – a book which people praise and don’t read.”  So in summary, I picked this up for my English class.  I didn’t want to spend hard-earned money on a brand new copy.

DSC00330 copy

An Abundance of Katherines | John Green One of my best friends absolutely adores John Green (though she prefers Looking for Alaska) and I have read one of his short stories (Let It Snow: A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle) and I really want to read his books.

Someone Like You | Sarah Dessen  Sarah Dessen is one of my favorite authors.  Now, the only book of hers that I don’t own is Dreamland but that’s because I’ve already read it and it’s super depressing.  I haven’t read this book yet, but I plan to very soon.

DSC00331 copy

The Artemis Fowl Files | Eoin Colfer  I own all the Artemis Fowl books.  I’ve already read through this book once before from the library but when I found it at the bookstore, I immediately bought it.

The Supernaturalist | Eoin Colfer  Okay, so I usually don’t have this problem…but I bought this not realizing that I already had a copy…in hardcover.  Nice one Amelia!

DSC00332 copy

The Body Finder | Kimberly Derting  I’ve always been kinda fascinated with this book but it hasn’t come in at the library yet so I figured, when I saw it, that I’d pick it up.  (The rectangular pale shape in the upper right corner is a fail on Half Price Books’ for not making their price stickers easy to peel off.)

Bleeding Violet | Dia Reeves  I’ve heard a lot about this one and I love the cover.  I know that the sequel (or companion novel?) has already come out so I want to get started on this.

DSC00333 copy

Faerie Wars | Herbie Brennan  Nice of bookstores to always book series out of order so I have to sit there for five minutes looking like a complete idiot while I try to figure out which one comes first.  (I eventually figured it out, obviously.)

Glass Houses | Rachel Caine  I don’t like vampire books.  (Except for Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side and only that one is because it’s so freaking hilarious.)  But I read the first chapter of this a while ago and it looked really promising.  So I picked it up.

* * *
Alright.  Everyone make it out alive?  Yeah, that’s a lot of books I know.  Which one of these would you read first?

What did you get in your mailbox?