10 April 2011

In My Mailbox (38)

In My Mailbox - A meme by the Story Siren
Today is a cold a dreary looking Sunday.  It’s past nine o’clock and there’s still mist hanging around the ginormous tree at the top of my street.  Really, a rotten kind of Sunday.  With this weather, I’d rather it be Tuesday or Thursday, something that starts with ‘T’.  Nothing that starts with ‘S’.  I must write in protest to my Congressman.

This week, I got to go to the library (cause really, we bookworms must get out of the house every now and then).  One of the books I checked out (on Thursday), I finished yesterday.  (Smashing good book.)

From the Library

DSC00218 copy
Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins – I’ve tried…three times now?…to take the time to read this book but it hasn’t happened yet.  So I’m trying to buckle down and read it because I have it on good authorities that it’s awesome.

Tortall and Other Lands by Tamora Pierce – It’s Tamora Pierce…nuff said.

Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken – I would never have read this book if I hadn’t somehow ended up on Alexandra Bracken’s website.  I started reading her blog, was totally captured, and checked Brightly Woven out the next day.  Next time I’m at Borders, I’m buying this.

Dealing With Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede – I saw this on the library shelf, had already researched it a bit, and decided to check it out.  I was in the mood for a short, inspiring read.

For Review

^^ It’s so cool to say that now. ;)

DSC00220 copy
Ravenwild by Peter J. Plasse – When presented with this, I thought it sounded really awesome.  Just the cover tells how good it has to be, right?  I’ll probably latch onto this after my library store is out.

Warriors of the Cross by T.R. Graves – Ms. Graves is a cool lady.  Her story looks like something I could really get into.  And the swag? Totally awesome plus.

In other news…

I have a new personal blog.  I wanted something fresh and new, something I hadn’t contaminated yet. ;)  So if you’re into reading rants, stop by 3 Vintage Muffins for a chat.

Stop by tomorrow for a review of Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken.


Please note that my Graphic Requests Center is now reopened. :)

What did you get in YOUR mailbox?