20 March 2011

In My Mailbox (36) + Introducing…!

ss_inmymailbox2 copy
This has been an exciting week for many reasons: one, I’ve picked up a new series (always exciting) and two, I’m launching a new forum for book bloggers.

First, the books.
IMM36
{for review}
  • Panjandrum – J.J. Telly
{from the library}
  • The Princess and the Hound – Mette Ivie Harrison
    • started, on page 41
  • Tiger’s Curse – Colleen Houck
    • returning – I’m receiving my own copy in the mail soon…(SPECIAL ADVANCED THANKS TO MS. DARBY! :D)
  • Stray – Rachel Vincent
    • came highly recommended, finished
  • 1215: The Year of the Magna Carta – Danny Danziger
    • to satisfy my inner dorkness
{recent reviews}
{upcoming reviews}
  • Stray – Rachel Vincent
SPECIAL THANKS to Ash @ Smash Attack Reads for highly recommending Stray by Rachel Vincent.  Unfortunately though, I have lost my once unbending faith in my precious public library system because they have the ENTIRE SERIES EXCEPT the second book!  THE ONE I NEED NEXT!  *epically sad sigh*  So now I don’t know quite what to do.  I don’t want to buy the books until I get farther in and know for sure that I really want to own them.  And the library doesn’t HAVE the second book.  (As in, it isn’t even in their system.  I wouldn’t freak if it was at another branch.  That’s what’s so wonderful about the inter-library loan system.)

Anyways.
What did you get in YOUR mailbox?
{Introducing…!}
Have you ever noticed that when you visit a blog, you’re really only communicating with the blog host?  Even if there are a bunch of other comments, you kinda skim over them somewhat and give your response directly to the blog host.  It’s kind of awkward to talk to other people on someone else’s blog…

Well I wanted to rectify that.  I wanted a place where book bloggers could come and chill and discuss things and pick up new things for their blogs (like followers…) etc.  So I created a forum just for that purpose.
ss_icbanner2 copy
Insincere Conformity is a forum where book bloggers and hardcore readers alike can come and socialize about anything.  You can meet new bloggers while not having to worry about any awkwardness.  Come express your opinions and discover new books and people!

To visit the website, click on the banner above! :) Hope to see you there.

NOTE:  We aren't JUST for book bloggers and readers.  Authors are more than welcome to join us too! :)