13 March 2011

In My Mailbox (35)

ss_inmymailbox2 copy
So.  I haven’t bought a single thing this past week.  Instead, I got a little gift from one of the fantastic Cucumber Fairies*.  Ms. Anne Osterlund sent me a review copy of Exile, which as you know, is just plain completely awesome of her.  I loved her book Aurelia as well as Academy 7 and her blog is so much fun to visit.  (So you should visit it here.)
* = In the past, I’ve taken to saying that an author is one cool cucumber.  I don’t know where the fairies part came in.  I dunno.  It’s Sunday.  Sue me.
{From the Library}
DSC00184 copy
from top, left to right:
Dead Beautiful | Yvonne Woon
Ballad | Maggie Stiefvater
Exile (ARC) | Anne Osterlund
The Hunter’s Moon | O.R. Melling
Princess Ben | Catherine Gilbert Murdock

I’ve already given my mini-review of Dead Beautiful, as I could not finish it and am taking it back to the library probably tomorrow.  That also goes along with The Hunter’s Moon.  It’s a book I’ve started once before now but now, I just can’t get into it.  But I haven’t read that far enough in and I can’t guarantee that I won’t pick it up again so I haven’t reviewed it.

Ballad is bound to be awesome because I read and liked the first book, Lament, and I love Maggie Stiefvater’s work.

Princess Ben looks really good and I have read a few pages so far.  I don’t know if I’ll read it before it has to go back to the library because I’m going to start Exile this week (translation: today) and I’m also going to be reading Ballad.  So.

Oh yeah!  I almost forgot!  (*smacks self*)  Ms. Anne Osterlund also included a SIGNED postcard of her book Academy 7.  And the ARC itself is signed.  (*crazy fan girl happy dance*)

That’s my wonderful news for the week. :)

Recent Reviews:
Recent News:
In other news…I spent yesterday going to the movies with one of my friends.  We saw  I Am Number Four and it is really good.  It’s like, if you liked (or tolerated, in my case) the book, then you’ll like the movie because it was an exact remake of the book.  Very little was changed in terms of plot or characters or anything like that.  I absolutely loved the end battle.  The romance was shallow (par for the course now) but brilliant action, as I said. 

After that, I chilled with my friend over at her house.  She just had knee surgery on Friday and was pretty laid up and bored out of her mind so I brought her some Ben & Jerry’s and some company.  We watched TOY STORY 2!  And a bit of Coraline. :)

And now for today, I have to do homework.  Ugh.