06 March 2011

In My Mailbox (34)

ss_inmymailbox2 copy

So I just executed a wonderful BooksADozenMillion run.  I got two books today, one on Friday(?) and I’ve been reading like a beast lately because I’ve been home sick the better part of the past week, so I’ve got a bunch of reviews to catch up on.

For all of you who didn’t know, Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl’s publishing company Little, Brown just released the cover and title of the author’s new book in the Caster Chronicles.  I’ve posted a short article about it here.


{Purchased}

DSC00178DSC00179DSC00180DSC00181

Darkness Becomes Her | Kelly Keaton
Outside In | Maria V. Snyder
Secrets and Shadows | Shannon Delany
Red Riding Hood | Sarah Blakley-Cartwright

I think Borders and BooksAMillion have joint custody of me now.  Borders is going bankrupt and their new releases aren’t really…well, new…Secrets and Shadows, for example, has been out since what?  February 15th?  And Borders still doesn’t have it in stock.  So I went ahead and bought Outside In and Secrets and Shadows at BooksAMillion, but I got Red Riding Hood at the beloved Borders.  Darkness Becomes Her, however, my dad got for me at BJ’s!  For twelve bucks!  Their hardcovers run for at least five dollars less than list price.  But then again, their selection sucks.

Recent Reviews:

All other info about what I’m currently reading, what I plan to read, and what I’ve finished recently can be found via a new meme I’ve picked up (What’s Your Status?) and you can find my recent post here.

What’s in YOUR mailbox?