27 March 2011

In My Mailbox (37)

ss_inmymailbox2 copy
Soooo…this week…yeah…
Let’s just get to the pictures.
DSC00191 copy
The Running Dream by Wendelin Van Draanen – I absolutely love Wendelin Van Draanen’s work.  I started getting real with my reading when I started reading her Sammy Keyes novels.  (My god I feel really nostalgic now.)  Needless to say, her novels were really influential on my love for reading.  I’ve also read her book Flipped and I’m really sorry that I haven’t seen the movie yet.  So when I saw that she was coming out with a new novel and happened to see it when I was at the library, I had to get it.

The Agency: A Spy in the House by Y.S. Lee – I know that a lot of people have raved about this book and it does look really good.  So when I found it available at my library, I requested it.  It looks really good.

The Time Traveler’s Guide to Medieval England: A Handbook for Visitors to the Fourteenth Century by Ian Moritmer – So this is the last book to come in from when I was on my Robin Hood kick.  I’m going to give it a little skimming but I’m not going to obsess over it like I would have if it had come in when I was still IN my Robin Hood kick. XD

Writing Great Books for Young Adults by Regina Brooks – This is compliments of my dear old dad.  Most of the stuff I’ve read so far isn’t applicable to me because I’m already a young adult.  I don’t have to worry about not sounding like one and somehow not knowing what it’s like going through the teenage years today.  It looks like a helpful book.  Thanks, Dad. :)

In other news…
My new forum for bloggers, Insincere Conformity, is coming along if incredibly slowly.  It’s amazing to see how quickly Twitter brings ten guests automatically to the forum.  Now I have to work on appealing to the general audiences so that people will actually join and participate.

Recent Reviews:
What did you get in YOUR mailbox?