28 December 2010

A Slice of Heaven

In vacationing in Kentucky with family this Christmas and here, they actually have a little slice of heaven for book lovers.  It's called Half-Price Books and it is FANTASTIC!  I spent a good hour in there, bought eight books and only paid $26 for them.  And since I had $39, I was kinda pissed.  When I heard the words "twenty-eight fifty-six," my immediate thought was, "Oh man, I could've gotten more books!"  And so my aunt had to hear all about it on the way back home. XD  But still.  I got some great books.  So I'm gonna share it with ya'll and then update when I go back tomorrow.  Cause trust and believe I will not return to Charlotte with $13 in my pocket.

A little note about Half-Price Books--it's a used bookstore.  People go in and sell them their books and the bookstore resells them for dirt cheap prices.  (Seriously, I found a British hardcover edition of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in good condition for ten dollars.)

  • Let It Snow -- Three Holiday Romances by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle
  • Redwall by Brian Jacques
  • Gifts by Ursula K. Le Guin
  • Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender
  • Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
  • The Darkwing Omnibus by Alan Gibbons
  • The Glass Maker's Daughter by V. Briceland
  • The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
I've already finished the first story in "Let It Snow" by Maureen Johnson (and freaking loved it, by the way).  I'm a few chapters in on John Green's story--HILARIOUS.

Happy Holidays everyone!