31 December 2010

Let It Snow (Part III) - The Patron Saint of Pigs by Lauren Myracle


Sparkling white snowdrifts, beautiful presents wrapped in ribbons, and multicolored lights glittering in the night through the falling snow. A Christmas Eve snowstorm transforms one small town into a romantic haven, the kind you see only in movies. Well, kinda. After all, a cold and wet hike from a stranded train through the middle of nowhere would not normally end with a delicious kiss from a charming stranger. And no one would think that a trip to the Waffle House through four feet of snow would lead to love with an old friend. Or that the way back to true love begins with a painfully early morning shift at Starbucks. Thanks to three of today's bestselling teen authors John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle the magic of the holidays shines on these hilarious and charming interconnected tales of love, romance, and breathtaking kisses.



  • It took a little extra effort to get into this character.  It barely helped that knew this chick was supposed to be selfish and a total spaz and that she would change during the story but wow...that was a real test in patience.  If this had been a full-fledged book, I would have never made it through.  That chick really ticked me off.  It was presented well, because I'm under the impression I was supposed to be ticked off by her and then be impressed when she changed.  Her change was convincing enough and by the end of the story, I was glad I'd stuck around to read it.  So keep that in mind.  She'll make you wanna quit, but keep with her.  She'll surprise you. ;)
  • Now that I've reached the end, I love the world.  Together, these three authors created a convincing and enjoyable world full of gossip and dramatic happenings.  Like Stuart (in Maureen Johnson's story, "The Jubilee Express") is brought up briefly in the other two stories.  Also, Jeb (who was also introduced in "The Jubliee Express") makes the star appearance in this tale.  All these characters intertwined with each story and I thought it was fascinating!  It's incredible how they affect each other and what seems to be a big deal to one is insignificant to the other.
  • I thought this a charming story.  Angie was a total spaz and a selfish one to boot, but it was sweet and romantic, though not my favorite.  I didn't find Angie as humorous or clever or interesting as the others, though she did seem real enough.  There wasn't as much adventure as the others, but it carried its own grace.  I especially liked the continued reference to "It's a Wonderful Life" and the angel involvement.  I thought that was a nice touch.  Most definitely.
  • Overall, it is a book I will read every holiday season.  It was a fun and fantastic read.  The bringing together of these three authors was brilliant and really made the sparks fly.  I highly recommend it.


Book Info: