05 October 2010

Guest Post: Brandi @ Blkosiner's Book Blog

click for Brandi's blog
Okay, so I'm a dork.  While being busy with getting bored to tears with US History and falling behind in Algebra II (pitiful excuses, yes) I totally and completely forgot about this awesome guest post--how, how, how could I barking forget!?  *sigh*  But look, I'm still keeping you from the awesomeness!  Stop reading this from me and get onto Brandi's literary musings already!

* * *
The Book I Am Waiting For The Most
Short introduction- I am Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog, and feel honored to be doing a guest post for Amelia. I am a stay at home mom to a beautiful and spunky 2 year old, and I of course, love to read. YA is close to my heart, and with that, here is the book that I am most anxiously awaiting.
 The Secret of the Keepers: Kailmeyra's Strength by Elizabeth Isaacs
This is the sequel to The Light of Asteria: Kailmeyra’s Last Hope, which is a book that is near and dear to my heart. The author is such a sweetie and her writing is some of the most lyrical I have come across. She weaves a beautiful love story between Nora and Gavin, the main characters, that left me breathless and wanting more. This is not only a love story; Elizabeth has woven in the paranormal in a unique world blend of the world that we live in and a parallel one. This book examines good and evil and how it is within each of us, and our power to defeat it or succumb to it.

We have a bit to wait since it is not slated to release until Fall 2011, but I am certain that it will be well worth the wait.

You can read my review here, buy it here, or learn more about Elizabeth at her site.

* * *
Like I said, she's the awesomesauce, isn't she? :) And this is her FIRST guest post!  Crazy, right!?  I mean, I thought I'd be fighting for her attention like a reporter, you know?  :)  Thank you, Brandi! ^_^

Note:  For real, ya'll.  If you can spend maybe five minutes writing a guest post, please let me know!  Because next week?  Um yeah.  EMPTY!  I have the ever-brilliant Maggie @ Juniper Breeze (shameless name dropping) coming over for a chat about the pros and cons about falling in love with a fallen angel on the 18th.  But what until then?  (I know, it's impossible to wait for all that coolness, isn't it!?)  So, recap: if you can be awesome for the whopping five to ten minutes it takes to write about your favorite thing--BOOKS!--then please, email me.

Thank you all! :)