03 October 2010

Calling all Scott Westerfeld Fans!

As you all know (not really, barely some of you know this XD) I'm currently glued to "Leviathan" by Scott Westerfeld--yeah, I know that is says that I'm currently reading "Ascendant" but give me a break.
I can't remember exactly how I got there--actually, yes I do.  I was researching the sequel "Behemoth" (publishes October 5th) and was searching for a third book (*fingers still crossed*) when I found Scott Westerfeld's list of appearances...and just so happened to find that there is a location near me...

*HOLY FREAK SHOW OF BUBBLING TENSION*

If you live in North Carolina, start planning...
Scott Westerfeld heads to Raleigh, NC!

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 22
5:30PM
Quail Ridge Bookstore
3522 Wade Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27607

So it isn't confirmed whether or not I'll be there (MY FIRST AUTHOR SIGNING! *hyperventilation*) since October 23rd is my dad's birthday (big 5-0...shh...) and he'd be the one driving me the two and a half hours to Raleigh.  (Is there a freaking reason why S.W. can't come to freaking Charlotte which is the freaking biggest city in North flipping Carolina?! *cough*)

Alright, all you huffing people out there.  I'm not going to just focus on North Carolina *coughILiecough*  For all you other Scott Westerfeld fans, you can check out if he's coming to a city near you by checking out his Appearance Page.  *butNCisthebestregardless*

Like I said, this will be my first freaking author signing ever.  So yeah, I'm kinda crossing my fingers, toes and earlobes hoping that my dad will agree to drive me up there--on a Friday, the day before his birthday, two and a half hours.  Ya'll had better cross your fingers for me too--no malicious thoughts now! XD


And I can't believe this!  I did a little money counting--I have to budget like CRAP so that I can buy all the books I wanna get--and I discovered to my utter delight that despite the forty-something dollars set aside to buy both "Leviathan" and "Behemoth" on the 22nd AND the three books I plan to buy in the coming weeks ("Beautiful Darkness," "Nightshade," and "Crescendo")...*drum roll*...I will STILL have a good thirty dollars left over to do whatever I please with!  (Translation: the opportunity to buy more books!)


Okay.  I'm done.

Hasta luego, chicas!

(Don't huff at me, boys, if there are any boys reading this. XD)