11 September 2010

Patriot Day - Honoring 9/11

I didn't lose anyone in the 9-11 attack, for which I am grateful, but I do remember the day it happened.  I was in the first grade when my dad pulled me out of school and told me that the twin towers had been hit.  I had no idea what the twin towers even were.  All I knew was that my dad was on edge--scared, even--and slightly panicked that my mom was still downtown.  I remember sitting on the couch when I got home and watching the news, watching the planes hit those huge buildings.

That's about all I remember of 9-11, except also that it was sunny down here in Charlotte--ironically, a beautifully warm, sunny day.

This is just my small offer to the world.  It's not something I think about often or honor on a regular basis.  But I want to change that.  Since we don't have any flags here in my house, I leave this post...

God bless America.