19 September 2010

In My Mailbox (12)

Click here for the Story Siren
I wouldn't have gotten a book at all this week if I hadn't gone stir crazy being in the house, but besides a Borders trip, I got another surprise. :)

(No video this week, sorry.)

[from Goodreads]

Nefertiti may be the dutiful daughter of a commoner, but her inquisitive mind often gets her into situations that are far from ordinary, like receiving secret lessons from a scribe. And she’s the kind of girl who acts first, and apologizes later whenever she witnesses injustice or cruelty. But she is also extraordinarily beautiful. And news of her striking beauty and impulsive behavior attracts the attention of her aunt, the manipulative Queen Tiye, who sees Nefertiti as an ideal pawn in her desire for power. Even though Nefertiti is taken from her beloved family and forced into a life filled with courtly intrigue and danger, her spirit and mind will not rest. She continues to challenge herself and the boundaries of ancient Egyptian society.

Esther Friesner offers readers another fresh new look at an iconic figure—blending historical fiction and mythology in a thrilling concoction.

* * *

Also, this week I received my very first book for review!  Ms. Christine Pietrowiak sent me a copy of her series of novellas--Assumptions.
What would you do if you were sixteen and had the power of God?
Haunted by the unexpected loss of his mother, William Emerson prays relentlessly for her return, spending his afternoons wandering the hushed paths of an old Chicago cemetery wondering what it's like to be dead. 
Jordyn Quig just moved to town. Her father’s famous name showed up at school weeks before she did. Instantly the most popular girl at Eastview College Prep, she wishes she were nobody special. 
Each hardly knows the other exists until the disappearance of an ancient and divine text unites them as unlikely partners in a search that leads them to the brink of self-destruction and the crossroads of redemption and revenge.
I cannot say how thrilled I was to get this!!  This is my first ever review/ARC and having read the first few chapters, I know I got super lucky to look forward to an awesome story and also!  Ms. Pietrowiak was really fun to talk to.  She did me the favor of informing me how to pronounce her last name.  (It's Polish.)  You pronounce it Puh-tro-vee-ack--"tro" like "roe".  Infinite thanks to Ms. Pietrowiak for contacting me. :)

Most Recent Reviews:

Reviews to Come:
  • Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins
Bought:
Opportunities:
Anyone interested in doing a future guest post for me, please contact me as soon as possible at inspirationamelia(at)gmail(dot)com.

Leave a link!
I wanna respond back, so link it up, peeps!


Make sure to check out my interview + giveaway with author, Maria V. Snyder!!!  Click here to check it out!