17 August 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (3)

Click for Goodreads book page
Title: Ascendant
Author: Diana Peterfreund
Series: Killer Unicorns
Previous books: "Rampant"

I remember picking up "Rampant" at the library (or via the library website) and thinking, "Killer unicorns.  Now THERE'S a fresh idea."  But of course, I worried about the writing and the characters.  Great ideas can be butchered by horrible characters and/or writing.  But I LOVED "Rampant" and read it within a day or two.  Such an exciting story!  And I COVET long books, as some of you already know.

So I was pretty psyched when I found out there was a sequel.  AND IT COMES OUT NEXT MONTH!!  *major squeeage*  I have yet to obtain my own copy of "Rampant" but I must do so soon.  I won't be able to buy them together because "Torment" by Lauren Kate comes out the same day as "Ascendant" and I'm aiming to buy both.  I can't buy three hardcovers all in one swoop.  I'm not made of money.  So I'm thinking about getting "Rampant" from BookDepository.com.

"Ascendant" releases on the 28th of September.  Mark your calendars!!  (I've already had mine marked for months. :"> )

What are you waiting for?